My Tunes


Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Tax time

I finally did my taxes! I usually do it the beginning of February. (We almost ALWAYS get a refund...) But this year I was a little hesitant. You see, we sold our home before living in it for 2 years... This means we had Capital Gains! Eeks. I was afraid that we would owe money. But, I finally went and did my taxes. Well, it turns out that I get a REFUND! Hooray! What I don't get is how I can get a refund on my Fed's and OWE on my State? What's the deal? Oh, well. I just have to remind myself that I originally thought that I would get NO REFUND, whatsoever. Anyway, I'm just happy now that it's done and I can move on with my life...with a couple of extra bucks in my pocket, too!

5 comments:

Janan said...

awesome. you should totally take me out to lunch!

Jules said...

Congrats! I'm pretty sure I'm getting a good refund so I'm not sure why I'm procrastinating getting it done. . .

JSLindgren said...

Hey, the owing on state thing has everything to do with the state you live in. I've lived in 5 western states and only that particular one has ever had me pay more taxes--even as a part-year resident and student! Hooray that taxes are done!

Anne Marie said...

Yay for you guys! So glad you'll be getting a little bit of extra money.

Christy said...

Jamie, we should get together. Now that I'm up here I seem to have all sorts of free time. Are you still working? Give me a call sometime and we can set up a play date...801-735-2295