Today was Shay's first day of Kindergarten! She was so excited, I thought she would burst! She picked out her outfit, shoes, and got her backpack all ready last night. When she woke up this morning, she got dressed like lightning, brushed her teeth, and decided on 2 ponytails for her hair. She didn't want to eat anything for breakfast, but I had her eat some toast and applesauce anyway. And then we were off to school! We got to school a little early so that we could take pictures, and Grandma & Grandpa Lyndie (my kids call them both Lyndie) were there to greet her also! We took lots of pictures and then I walked with her to her classroom. I knew she would do great, but I stuck around for a minute anyway. She was so adorable sitting at her little table! Shay had no problem being left behind. I haven't talked to her yet about it, but I know she loved it! And here are some pictures!
Thursday, August 27, 2009
Kindergarten, Here we come!
Today was Shay's first day of Kindergarten! She was so excited, I thought she would burst! She picked out her outfit, shoes, and got her backpack all ready last night. When she woke up this morning, she got dressed like lightning, brushed her teeth, and decided on 2 ponytails for her hair. She didn't want to eat anything for breakfast, but I had her eat some toast and applesauce anyway. And then we were off to school! We got to school a little early so that we could take pictures, and Grandma & Grandpa Lyndie (my kids call them both Lyndie) were there to greet her also! We took lots of pictures and then I walked with her to her classroom. I knew she would do great, but I stuck around for a minute anyway. She was so adorable sitting at her little table! Shay had no problem being left behind. I haven't talked to her yet about it, but I know she loved it! And here are some pictures!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





8 comments:
I can't believe we have kindergarteners!! Our kids are getting so big! Meg starts next week...we can't wait.
How cute! That is great that she is so excited, better than the alternative, right?
how adorable! she cannot be that big!
I love that her backpack almost swallows her. :)
I love that she picked out her own clothes! So cute. What a great day!
What a cute girl! So glad the first day went well.
Yay! Brynna approves of the Tinkerbell backpack.
I love how she was so prepared the night before. Just like I remember us doing. My boys don't even check their closets for clean jeans.
kindergarten is such a mix of happy and sad for me. I'm glad she's enjoying it though. I hope you sell your condo soon, we're still trying to sell our house so I can understand your frustration. Good luck!
Post a Comment